Friday, April 6, 2012

Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower

my version.  not too bad!

Buffalo Cauliflower at Mohawk Bend

A few weeks ago, I was at Mohawk Bend with friends and our amazing server (Lauren!) brought us some Buffalo Cauliflower, which was a new item on the menu ever since they had a new chef.  I was so amazed by this dish and was determined to recreate it.  I don't know about you, but Buffalo wings tend to give me the creeps.  I love spicy food and the idea of them, but sometimes the mystery chicken pieces are just off.  That's what makes this recipe so great.  It is completely Vegan, (although, if you aren't vegan, I would use regular blue cheese) and it is a much healthier alternative, while still having that spicy, savory, bar snack appeal.
  • one head of cauliflower
  • Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce (add to your liking)
  • celery (optional)
-Cut cauliflower into florets and arrange on a slightly oiled large baking tray
-Roast cauliflower for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees (or until edges are brown)
-Toss in Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce 

Vegan "Blue Cheese" (www.grouprecipes.com)

  • 1/4 block of firm or extra firm tofu
  • dash of garlic powder
  • 1 cup or more (depends on how much you want to make) of veganaise (I found an Organic one... check the ingredients because some can be a little "dodgey".)
  • 1/4 tsp tahini (sesame seed paste) Can be made without this, but it's better with!
  • dash lemon juice
  • dash apple cider vinegar
Crumble tofu to give you a real blue cheese consistency.  Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment