(Recipe taken from Whole Living Magazine January 2012... I'm telling you--this 21 day challenge is unreal!)
- Broccoli, 1/2 head florets
- Delicata squash, 1 (I think I used a Kabocha or Acorn squash and left skin on for added fiber!)
- Mixed tender greens, 1 cup (I used baby spinach)
- Red cabbage, 1/4 small head
Steam 1/2 head broccoli florets until bright green and tender, about 4 minutes. Remove and set aside. Steam one sliced and seeded squash until bright yellow and tender, about 10 minutes.
In a bowl, toss 1 cup mixed tender greens and red cabbage. Top with steamed vegetables. Drizzle with 1/4 cup tahini sauce and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds.
- Lemon, 1
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Tahini, 1/2 cup
- Cumin, 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, 1/2 tsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp
- Coarse salt and pepper
In a food processor, puree 1/2 cup tahini, grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and 3/4 cup water until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.